Thu, Sep 19|
Volusia County Fair Grounds
NADD Dock Diving
8 AKC Dock Diving events spanning 4 days. Beware of flying dogs!
Time & Location
Sep 19, 2019, 9:00 AM – Sep 22, 2019, 4:00 PM
Volusia County Fair Grounds, 3150 E New York Ave, DeLand, FL 32724, USA
About The Event
3150 E New York AveDeland, FL
- Online registration closes 09/16/2019 at midnight.
- Price per splash for this event is $25.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
Contact Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Phone: 256-624-3608
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $35.00.
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- This event is being run by a NADD mobile dock. Info on parking and other event site info can be found on the event description or on our social media page.
- This event is an Open Splash event. This is done at Portable Dock trials and other shows that have timing conflicts with other dog events. The time for each splash for the day will be set such as 9am for example for all the splashes. You have between the posted start time and end time (either before AR starts or the end of the last day, usually 3pm) to complete your splashes for the day. When you check in you will be handed “Splash Cards” for each splash that you pay for. When you are ready to jump during the day, hand a splash card to the wrangler to get put into the running order. It is the handler's responsibility to be sure to be present it before their turn to jump. Please be aware that at many events, the running order board fills very quickly and early in the day.
- Please Note: You must pay for all pre registered splashes at time of check-in. Any splashes not paid for will be put back into the event's on-site registration availability list.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
TRY-ITS AT THIS EVENT
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
- AS TIME ALLOWS: Each competing dog will get one Try-it ticket per day that they are entered, to use for an extra practice round. The handler must request this ticket at check-in. Each dog will be given three minutes on the dock. If a Try-it or competing dog wishes to have more time, they may purchase additional tickets as timing allows.
Thursday, Sep 19, 2019
- 12:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 12:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 12:00 pm: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 05:30 pm: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve)
Friday, Sep 20, 2019
- 09:00 am: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 09:00 am: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 09:00 am: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 05:30 pm: Splash #102 (Air Retrieve)
Saturday, Sep 21, 2019
- 09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 09:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 09:00 am: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - ends at 5:00pm
- 05:30 pm: Splash #103 (Air Retrieve)
Sunday, Sep 22, 2019
- 09:00 am: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - ends at 3:00pm
- 09:00 am: Splash #11 (Distance Jump) - ends at 3:00pm
- 09:00 am: Splash #12 (Distance Jump) - ends at 3:00pm
NADD will attempt to work with all show conflicts, but it is the handlers responsibility to inform NADD of these issues with enough time for NADD to make adjustments.
Kim Langevin will be taking photos.